Friday, April 17, 2009

This week's
MEMORY VERSE
Isaiah 43:18-19

With the craziness of last week (Easter week), I did not post my weekly memory verse. So, this week I am including last week's verse with this week's which are both from Isaiah 43. I love these verses as the Lord speaks to me through them and I constantly need to remind myself these words. I have a tendency to replay my mistakes and shortcomings in my head like a bad movie... I beat myself up sometimes. In these verses, the Lord wants us not to obsess over and "dwell on" our own past unfaithfulness to Him, but to focus on His faithfulness to us! How awesome is that! He is full of never ending mercy and is forever faithful; He wants nothing but the best for us!

"Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.

See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up;
do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland."
(Isaiah 43:18-19 NIV)

A side note... I like how Paul also tells us in Philippians 3:13: ...But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead (emphasis mine)

Verse 8 of LPM Challenge
Week 14 & 15 of personal challenge

No comments: