Monday, April 20, 2009

Music Monday!
You've Got a Friend

I love listening to music! Often times when I'm doing housework, I turn the TV on the higher cable stations that have the different genres of music and listen to a variety of songs from the TV (cranked loud of course!). I usually listen to the Pop Christian genre, but this week, on one day, I stumbled on the "Soft Rock" genre and stayed there while I made dinner. Most of the soft rock tunes were from the 70's and 80's; it was refreshing and brought back many memories as I heard songs I haven't heard in YEARS! I've selected a classic "soft rock" made popular by James Taylor in the early 70's for Music Monday!


James Taylor - You've Got a Friend (Beacon Theatre 1998)


As I listened to the lyrics of this song, I thought of the many different people that have come and gone in life over the years (see this post). As I got on YouTube and listened to the lyrics again, I had such a revelation of the description of the "friend" being described... this song is describing my now BFF, Jesus! Jesus is always there for me... I just need to call out His name... and He's there for me wherever I am... the chorus says it all:

You just call out my name
And you know wherever I am
I'll come running to see you again
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there
You've got a friend

No comments: