Wednesday, January 14, 2009

B-O-L-T

When I was a new believer in Christ, I was trying to understand what being a Christian was all about. I had accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior (and through faith by His grace I was saved - Ephesians 2:8); I could see and feel the changes God was doing in my heart (and my life), but was kind of confused as to what I to do now, going forward?

While I was having some prayer and quiet time with God one day, I asked Him "Now that I'm saved, what does it (Christianity) simply come down to... what do I do now?". I love how God answered me by giving this acronym to teach me how simple walking with Him as a Christ follower really is...

B... Believe (God) (Don't just Believe IN God, but BELIEVE GOD and all He says in Scripture- He's got lots of stuff to say!)

O... Obey (God) (Follow Christ's example of righteous living... Obedience is freedom and results in victory.)

L... Love (God & Others) (The Greatest Commandment! Deuteronomy 6:5; Matthew 22:37; Mark 12:30; Luke 10:27 )

T... Trust (God) (God is forever faithful and worthy of our whole hearted trust.)

In order to "B-O-L-T" God, I've learned I must be in his Word (Scripture) and seek Him daily. There are multiple Bible verses re-enforcing "B-O-L-T". I have been blessed beyond measure as I exercise these areas (B-O-L-T). Now and again when I start to get off track (from my Belief, Obedience, demonstrating Love, or Trusting), God reminds me to get back on track -through the visual of a bolt.

As a fun reminder, I have a loose bolt here and there in several drawers around the house and I've hung a bolt from a string on the rear view mirror of my car (since I seem to be in it so often).

Today I B-O-L-T... How about you?

No comments: