Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mixed Feelings

We have a new president - Barack Obama. I have to admit, I have mixed feelings and I'm a bit bummed since I've been a McCain/Palin supporter. This will be an interesting time for America, for sure. As I reflect on the outcome of the election, I'm reminded that nothing happens that doesn't have a divine purpose; God is always in control. God's thoughts are not my thoughts and my ways are not God's ways... His thoughts and ways are always right.

SO, I go to the Word and find comfort to believe God and his providence.

"Blessed be the name of God, forever and ever. He knows all, does all: He changes the seasons and guides history, He raises up kings and also brings them down, he provides both intelligence and discernment," Daniel 2:20-21 (MSG) (emphasis mine)

"Everyone must submit to the governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God." Romans 13:1(NLT) (emphasis mine)

"Make your motions and cast your votes, but God has the final say". Proverbs 16:33 (MSG)

Jeremiah 29:11 reminds us that God has a plan for us, to prosper us, not to harm us, to give us a hope and future.

Let's all continue to pray for our country, pray for our military who defend our freedom, and pray for those God has placed in leadership. "In God We TRUST"

No comments: