Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mini Delights!

OMG! I am a person who falls into addiction pretty easy, and I HAVE A NEW ADDICTION!

Quaker
"Mini Delights"!

In my effort to eat healthier after just spending the last week on a Halloween candy sugar high, I discovered the greatest snack at only 90 calories a shot... Really good compared to a regular size candy bar that is 250-300 each.

As of this moment, my favorite of the "Mini Delights" are the "Chocolatey Mint" and the "Caramel Drizzle". MMM-MMM GOOD!

As I was on my way to my Beth Moore Ladies Group this morning, I was savoring a bag of Chocolately Mint thinking about the name of this product "Mini Delights". As I reflected on the "Delightfulness" of this low calorie treat, I couldn't help to think about all the other "delights" in my life. I am so thankful for the many "mini delights" I have (not specifically referring to this wonderful product, but to blessings in my life).

So, wouldn't you know, at the end of our Bible study session, we were told to go to Zephaniah 3:17, a chapter of the Bible I am not familiar with. I want to share how God turned a "Mini Delight" moment into a reminder of who I am in Him... who WE ARE in Him... Here's what Zephaniah 3:17 says (emphasis mine):

"The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."

When I read that verse, the words "GREAT DELIGHT" jumped from the page to my heart! God takes GREAT Delight... not Mini Delight. WOW! I needed that reminder. I thought that was cool how God spoke this message to me having just pondered the mini delights (blessings) I am thankful for. Now every time I eat a package of this wonderful 90 calorie treat, I'll remember that I have my "mini delights", but, God will take GREAT delight in me... You too!

No comments: