Wednesday, July 1, 2009

MEMORY VERSES
Matthew 23:11-12 (NLT)

I absolutely love how the Bible is God's love letter to us giving instruction on how to "do life". Memorizing Scripture for me is a way to imprint the "how to's" on my heart so I can be right with God and bring Him glory. I am challenged each day to not just read Scripture, or memorize it, but to live it. Having Scripture fresh in my thoughts gives me God's supernatural power to live right in His sight.

I've selected two verses from Matthew for the next couple weeks that help me remember that God wants me to have a heart to serve Him and others. When I'm prideful, self serving/self centered and think I'm better than others, I WILL BE HUMBLED! (Been there, done that, don't like it)... But when I humble myself, being aware of others' needs, not focusing on myself, and keep a humbled heart before my Lord, God my Father raises me to a high position in His sight. I do not seek greatness in the sight of humans, but in the sight of my God. My memory verses from weeks 19 & 20~ Philippians 2:3-4 partner nicely with these verses I've chosen for weeks 26 & 27.

Matthew 23:11-12 (NLT)

11) The greatest among you must be a servant.

12) But those who exalt themselves will be humbled,
and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Matthew 23:11-12 are for my *20*09* personal challenge
(Walk with the Lord #7) 26 & 27 and
LPM challenge verse 13

No comments: