Friday, July 31, 2009

MEMORY VERSE
Proverbs 12:18

To continue on the same theme from the past couple weeks, the Lord has laid Proverbs 12:18 on my heart to learn and live. I've recently been put in situations of conflict where my mouth is tempted to sin (I pray Psalm 17:3b)... and times I actually have to clinch my teeth or bite my tongue not to say something I shouldn't (I've prayed Psalm 141:3). When I do speak, whether it's a situation of conflict or not, I need to be aware of my words I choose. I need to be sensitive about what I say, how I say it, and the timing of what is being said. This week's memory verse is one I choose to learn and live.

Reckless words pierce like a sword,
but the tongue of the wise brings healing.
Proverbs 12:18 (NIV)

Prayer: Lord help me do everything, whether in word or deed, as a reflection of Your character all for your glory. Help me bring words of encouragement to the discouraged, hope to the hopeless, and words of love to the lonely as you cross people in my path. May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to You! You are my Everything! In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments: