Friday, February 27, 2009

This week's
MEMORY VERSE

I've been memorizing Scripture for the past five years with some getting planted in my heart word-for-word and others I've honestly not remembered all too well. This week, I ran across my little "Memory Verse" booklets (little 3"X 5" spiral memo pads) from the past several years and had a fun time refreshing my "memory" on God's Word and what I committed to my memory at those particular times in my life. The neat thing that God spoke to me through finding these booklets, is that even though some of my "memory verses" I couldn't recall word-for-word, the power of these verses have left an imprint on my heart and impacted how I live my life. God's WORD never comes back void! I actually surprised myself that I remembered more than I thought- they'd been "written on my heart"! God wants us to hide His words on our hearts so we might not sin against Him (Psalm 119:11). I thank God daily for giving us His Word in the BIBLE (Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth), the ultimate "how to do life right" guide. I thank God also for Jesus- The Only One who bridges the gap for us to be in God's presence... the Way, the Truth, and the Life... our Perfect example of how to live life right. With that said, here's my memory verse for this week:


All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

(2 Timothy 3:16-17 NIV)



Prayer: Lord help me continue to hide your word in my heart so that I might not sin against you. Help me to have enough brain cells to actually remember what I learn from Your word this year and live it in my everyday. As I refresh my memory on past memory verses, help me remember them as well, that the ones I've forgotten, will get hidden in my heart. I can't do this on my own, Lord, I need you. I know I can do all things through You and You alone give me everything... Thank YOU that you are my EVERYTHING! May all the glory be Yours! In Your Name I pray, Jesus. Amen.

No comments: