Thursday, February 7, 2013

Fear...

of the unknown!  The unknown effects everybody, but whether or not we let it cause any fear is a choice we make.

I have a number of fears (snakes, big spiders, hospitals, just to name a few), but the one that has gotten me lately in life is my fear of the unknown location we'll end up living.  My husband has recently started a new job, and over this year, 2013, we are in prayer about whether or not we should move to a different region in the country or stay put right where we are.  This decision is big for us, because we are determined that when and if we move, it will be our last move, and if we stay, we stay for good!  We desire so badly to settle in a location and put down deep roots, develop deep friendships we don't sever, and plant ourself into our chosen community in a deep way; something that has been hard to do over the course of Kirk's military career (moving over 7 regions in the US / 15 different addresses in 20 years).

The fear plays in through the different factors we must consider in making the right decision for our family... the well being of our children (education, safety and crime rate, etc.), living closer to extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins), climate changes to adjust to, financial affordability of the location, and overall quality of life.

Through this next year as we live with our unknown future living location, God is reminding me not to be anxious and do not fear the unknown. He reminds me of His constant faithfulness in our life and how He always provides for us. I have selected my SSMT Verse #3 to help me remember God has my back.  As I abide in Him, He will strengthen and help me; as we pray for direction, He will make our way clear... I have no reason to fear~

Do not fear,
for I am with you;
do not be dismayed,
for I am your God.
I will strengthen you
and help you;
I will uphold you with
my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)

No comments: