Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A "Weighty" Issue

Over the past 12 months I have put on 20 pounds. My energy level has suffered because of this weight and I don't like it! On top of that, I turned 45 a couple months ago and fear that as I get older, the weight is going to be harder and harder to lose the more I put it off. I've been on a roller coaster of being encouraged one day to take control of my additional weight issue- to do something about it, followed by discouragement of failure after I have an afternoon pigout (afternoon and evenings are when I'm the weakest). I get discouraged when I plan an exercise program and don't stick with it. I tend to get easily distracted and end up not following through with the program. More failure! I have been frustrated with myself because I know better! I know all the things I need to do... how to eat healthy, drink lots of water, get good sleep, exercise regularly... but I lack discipline! I have identified I need accountability- flesh and blood accountability. I seek God about this and ask him to provide accountability for me and so far, I really have none that works.

This morning, as I was peaking over my blog list getting updated with new posts, I read penguinsandladybugs blog post about her struggles with weight and a "Starting Point" post. I choose to join Penguin on her journey and am excited to add myself to this "Sisterhood" group- "The Sisterhood of Shrinking Jeans". I need to be encouraged that my shrinking jeans don't need to keep shrinking and get them to fit again like normal... I need to reclaim the energy back I have lost. For me, losing this weight it about being healthy and feeling healthy and then the vanity part trails in. I don't like looking and feeling "thick". I'm hoping to continue searching for flesh and blood accountability like maybe a walking partner, but for now just posting my journey is going to help me be motivated to stick with it. I'm EXCITED to band together with "The Hood".
I weighed in this morning and have 20 pounds I plan to lose in the next 10 weeks (week of Jan 11)... that's 2 pounds a week. VERY DOABLE! I hope to "check-in" every Wednesday with my progress, successes and frustrations. I took some before pictures of my problem areas... they're GROSS!... like a muffin top belly and cottage cheese thighs. I will keep them private for now.

Shrink-a-Versary Challenge with the Sisterhood!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

glad we could be an answered prayer for you. :) this group of ladies has helped me tremendously along the way - and i'm a better person because of it.

not because the 13 pounds i've shed, but i've found out what i'm made of. i hope that we can be the same kind of blessing in your life! :)

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I am trying to get rid of my 'muffin top'! So hard!!!

Christie O. said...

you're never ever ever gross! just so you know. :) welcome to the sisterhood, so excited to have you on board with us! i have to say, I have completely made milestones with the help of these sisters and you will too, i promise! safety in numbers! head over and join our forum too called "The Hood", it's on the site! It rocks and we chit chat about all sorts of things!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to The Sisterhood! You are going to do great in this challenge!

penguinsandladybugs said...

Hope your week is going well!! Thinking about you...just said a quick prayer for you!

Deborah Ann said...

Agh...I'm in the same boat as you. Just put on tons because I broke my ankle a few months ago, and have since taken up the hobby of eating, lol.

You're invited to join me:

www.heavenlyhumor.blogspot.com

for some laughs and 'God' times...

Precious Gems said...

I have just written a blog you might find interesting. Take a peek!