Monday, May 11, 2009

Music Monday!
Perfect People

My sister, Traci, was visiting from WA state over the past couple weeks and just left yesterday to go back home. We had a great time visiting and Traci soaked as much of the sunshine as she could during her short time here. While visiting, Traci had a couple job interviews and was offered a new position that she's accepted starting next August. She's a Middle School Language Arts teacher and has had the desire to move to south Texas since she visited in April of last year (2008). Just this past December, she made the decision to pursue career opportunities in the Corpus Christi area and I'm so excited that she took this step of faith and will be moving down very soon.

Over 2008, Traci had experienced a number of personal challenges and trials, but God in His love and sovereignty has been turning her hardships and trials around with His favor and blessing all for His glory. It's so exciting to see (and experience) how God restores, renews, and heals those who seek Him diligently... exactly what my sister has been doing and God has been blessing her tremendously. (earlier post)

This past week, both my sister and I discussed our personality characteristics of "perfectionism"... a characteristic that can be very negative. My own "perfectionism" in life has often left me feeling like an inadequate failure never being able to measure up. As I've grown my relationship with Christ and let go of my need to be perfect, He has set me free. I constantly thank God that He does not expect me, my sister, or anyone to be "perfect". My sister and I have heard this song on the radio a number of times while she was visiting, and I wanted to share it as a dedication to my sister and any other "perfectionist" out there in blog land. May this song minister to you as it has ministered to my sister, Traci and I...

There's no such thing as perfect people
There's no such thing as a perfect life
So come as you are, broken and scarred
Lift up your heart and be amazed
And be changed by a perfect God


Perfect People by Natalie Grant

No comments: