Wednesday, May 13, 2009

How do you eat an elephant?

Photobucket

I really don't care for this analogy since it has to do with consuming such a large portion (who eats elephants anyway?); God only knows how many calories eating an elephant would be, but you get the point!

I'm struggling these days with a couple frustrations~ first, my feeble attempts to healthy eating and exercise (I'm failing terribly)... I know what to do, I just haven't been faithful in doing it! Next frustration~ not getting a number of goals started that I once was motivated to do at the beginning of the year; I look at the "bigness" of many of my projects, and procrastinate even beginning them because I allow myself to over think them, as well as become distracted and overwhelmed by them. I love to accomplish goals I set for myself and fulfill my dreams and aspirations; that's the kind of person I am. I know that in order to be successful in what I set my mind to, I must break down my big (long-term) goals (like weight loss total or specific projects) into small (short-term) manageable goals.

O.K. That's what I'm committing to do~ break everything down and focus on short term goals and not the big picture. I will also be a better time manager. Woooohoooo! I feel better already now that I've blogged myself a pep talk....

One day at a time...
One hour at a time...
One minute at a time...
One manageable task at a time...
One calorie at a time...

ONE BITE AT A TIME!

No comments: