Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Follow the Leader~
Memory Verses 21 and 22

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you..."
My husband is in Afghanistan for a short time on a job flying (as a civilian contract worker) with the US Army. During his first 24 hours on Afghan soil he heard two separate siren alerts followed by mortar explosions in the distance. The reality of "where he was" hit him hard. Because of modern day technology, I was able to talk with him (skype) during this time and heard first hand about this new location he'll be staying in. As we talked, I not only heard the unrest in his voice, but also saw the emotions in his face. He looked alone and afraid; I felt helpless.

As we talked I remembered Psalm 91 and emailed it to my hubby for encouragement and comfort. His email back to me was filled with gratitude for God's plan and protection. My hubby shared a verse God led him to from Deuteronomy 31:6. He thanked me for sending Psalm 91 and said God's truth gives him everything he needs to keep going each day with confidence despite the fear of the danger around him. Here's Deuteronomy 31:6~

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6 NIV ~ SSMT #21 ~ Memory Verse for Nov. 1-14)

My hubby and I trust our Lord in all things and know that when God brings us to a situation in life, He will also bring us through it if we let Him. I love how the Lord "goes before us" and is always "with us" as states in my memory verse for this next two weeks, November 15-30, Deuteronomy 31:8~

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” (Deuteronomy 31:8 NIV ~ SSMT #22)

I know my husband is where God needs him to be to grow us both in our faith and to fulfill His Mighty purposes. I'm encouraged to know we don't have to be afraid during this time because we are following the Maker of Heaven and Earth who promises to "never leave us, nor forsake us". We can trust Him as we follow and obey Him; His Word and Promises are always true.

PRAYER: Lord, protect every person who is in Afghanistan and any foreign country for that matter putting their lives in danger for the well being of others. I think of everyone from the soldiers to missionaries sharing the Gospel. Lord, show them Your power through Your presence in their every day. I pray You give them hope in full doses showing them mercy and grace. Thank You, Lord for your Word and your Promises! Lifted in Jesus Name~ AMEN.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Thinking and praying for you and your husband Terri. It´s not easy but isn´t it just great to have faith in God and know He is always there no matter where we go:-)xoxox love and hugs from me

Color me blingy! said...

I will be keeping you, your husband, and you family in my prayers. Remember: "He will keep in perfect peace all those who trust in Him; who's thought turn often to the Lord."

Rachel said...

I got chills as I read this. I will be praying for your family. My neighbor's son is doing civilian work there too.