Saturday, January 15, 2011

MEMORY VERSE #2 ~ SSMT Challenge

With the new year, we all have a fresh start... but do you notice how everything from the previous year still follows us into the new year?

I finished the 2010 over committed to people and projects, feeling overwhelmed and anxious. I feel like a one man band, doing it all, barely having time to take a break! I try to delegate, but somehow, end up still having to do the brunt of things...

2011 is here~behold, I start the new year in the same manner- over committed, overwhelmed, anxious and doing it all. I know God is testing me, refining me, and leading me in a way to depend on Him more and less on myself. I praise him for Scripture, His encouragement, and His love. My prayer is that I make the positive changes for the new year to honor God with my time and commitments and be more at peace with all that I'm doing. Meditating on God's word & promises is one positive change for 2011 I am thankful for.

My memory verse for Jan 15-31:

Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. (James 1:12 NIV)

Same verse from the MESSAGE~
Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life.

1 comment:

Color me blingy! said...

Oh....this IS going to be GOOD!