Monday, February 8, 2010

Catching up... Memory Verses

I have been in the process of moving from one house (a 2003 built home) to another house (a major fixer upper from the 1930's) since early January. BE PREPARED~ I'll be blogging a lot in 2010 about our new-OLD home we just moved into. Since it's such a fixer upper, I'll be sharing our renovation ups and downs with lots of pictures! I love transformation... "before" and "after"... taking a used and abused house and giving it TLC, making it beautiful again. I know God will reveal many parallels between my family's home renovation and how He renovates, transforms, refreshes, and makes new again all of us. I can't wait.

Anyway, with the busyness of this past month, I have been preoccupied with the move and have not been doing much blogging! I have managed to stay faithful with my memory verses (recording them in my spiral and sinking them deep in my mind and heart), but haven't been as faithful in posting them on my blog. I'm taking time today to "catch up" and get in sync by recording them for my own accountability. I've found Sister Sheri's blog, and Audrey's blog, both fellow Siestas who are posting memory verses as we all will share the awesomeness of God's word as we and many others continue Beth's 2009 memory verse challenge into 2010.

Here are my Memory Verses for 2010:

verse #3 (Feb 1)
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9 (NIV)
A verse that is keeping me going during our recent move and beginning stages of major home renovation! Thank you Lord for the promises in your word!

verse #2 (Jan 15)
He will cover you with his feathers,and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 91:4 (NIV)
A verse God gave me Jan 12th with the idea he provoked me to pass on to the other out of town Siestas for us to wear pink boas as a celebration of God's faithfulness, the SSMTC, and a form of Siesta ID.

verse #1 (Jan 1)
"You shall have no other gods before me." Exodus 20:3 (NIV)
A verse I constantly need to remind myself and repent about when the fleshy side of me pushes God off the throne of my life.

1 comment:

Deborah Ann said...

WOW! I have goosebumps! I LOVE that you wore pink boas because of the scripture about God's feathers. Awesome!

I love your blog, and I especially love your heart. There is something very special about you, I am filled with joy to be here!