Monday, June 1, 2009

MEMORY VERSES
Romans 7:15 & 18 (NIV)

It's time again for my new memory verses... I have been so blessed by planting Scripture in my heart.

I selected these verses from Romans 7 because I currently struggle with knowing what I "should do", but "not carrying it out" and doing it... healthy eating, lack of exercise and lack of discipline in other areas of my life. My biggest struggle these days has been in not honoring God with my body. I find myself falling into the old habit of trying to do everything in my own strength and not in God's strength. I'm thankful God included these words in Scripture to show me that even the apostle Paul, a man who fervently served our Lord Jesus, also struggled with the battle of knowing what he should do, but not doing it. I am certainly not alone in my struggles and praise be to God He gives us His Word to teach us, rebuke us, correct us, and train us. So as I memorize Roman 7:15 & 18 over then next couple weeks, I will be encouraged that I am good company with my friend, Paul.

I do not understand what I do.
For what I want to do I do not do,
but what I hate I do. (vs. 15)

I know that nothing good lives in me,
that is, in my sinful nature.
For I have the desire to do what is good,
but I cannot carry it out. (vs. 18)

Romans 7:15,18 NIV

As I memorize these verses, I will follow them in my thoughts and heart by other Scripture that helps me know and remember that through all my struggles, Jesus is my everything and my victory, and "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength"... and, "in all things I am more than a conqueror through Him who loved me".

Romans 7:15 & 18 are for my personal challenge
(Walk with the Lord #7) weeks 21 & 22 and
LPM challenge verse 11

No comments: