Friday, March 1, 2013

Eyes on Jesus
SSMT Verse #5

I've always been inspired by the story of Peter walking on water and then sinking when he got distracted (found in Matthew 14:22-33).  The many life application lessons from this example are a treasure to me.  In a nutshell, it teaches me to always believe, to pray- even short desperate prayers, and to keep my eyes on Jesus no matter the storm and distractions that surround me.  With Jesus, I can do the impossible and have my "walk on water" moments as I focus on Him, reach for Him as He assures me, "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." Matthew 14:27 NIV
 


 For my Siesta Scripture Memory Team Verse # 5, I have chosen to continue in Hebrews  (SSMT #4 -Hebrews 12:1) and complete verse 2 for this next two weeks.  I've needed this Word pounded in my head and heart to keep me on the right track in my walk of faith.

Let us keep looking to Jesus.
Our faith comes from Him
and He is the One Who makes it perfect.
Hebrews 12:2 NLV SSMT Verse #5
 


No comments: