Friday, May 1, 2009

MEMORY VERSES
1 Peter 1:14-16

With my family in town all last week, I neglected to memorize a verse for the week. My whole routine was thrown off and my quality time with God in His Word was totally neglected. With that in mind, I've chosen several verses out of the book of 1 Peter to memorize to make up for last week and include for this week. I love these verses because they tell me God called my to be "holy" in all I do... because He is holy! Verse 14 also reminds me that I need to guard myself not to default back to my sinful nature (like what I lived when I lived in "ignorance"- before Christ was the center of my life). How easy that happens when we allow ourselves to compromise our quality time with the Lord seeking Him regularly. Been there, done that!

1 Peter 1:14-16 (NIV)

14) As obedient children, do not conform to the
evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance.
15) But just as he who called you is holy,
so be holy in all you do;
16) for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."
(quoted from Leviticus 11:44-45)


Verse 9 of LPM Challenge
Week 16, 17 & 18 of personal challenge
(Walk with the Lord- #7)

No comments: